Thursday, May 27, 2010

"It is here where she must begin to tell her story.."

Recently I received a gift in the mail, one that i was VERY excited about. I waited ALL week just to get home and get this special thing, which came all the way from Georgia, even though i had NO idea what it was. But, you know me, i LOVE getting mail (= Anyways, after a million years of driving all over the place with my mom, I finally got home and opened it. Inside was a journal, full of fun quotes a sayings, and then pages and pages of lines waiting just for me to write in. Now, if you know me very well, I'll swear to you up and down that I hate to write, and that I'm not a writer. But truth be told, i love it. It's something I wish i did more, and well, now I was determined that I was going too. I started reading the quote on the journal, and became inspired. The one on the front read, "She decided to free herself, dance into the wind, create a new language. And birds fluttered all around her, writing, "yes" in the sky." I absolutely LOVED it. Then I opened the inside, and found another one, it was as follows, "This is a space for dream words, love words, made up words, flying words, fall down & get up words. Get to know the sound of your own inner voice. Be creative, Be generous, Be bold." As I read through that I began to get excited. I could handle love words and dream words. I might even be able to handle the falling down & getting up part. But as i turned over the journal to the back, it was the last quote that inspired me the most. "It is here where she must begin to tell her story .. "

As I sat down to think about it, I realized everyone has a story to tell. Some are more open about their stories, and some are not. I think the more open and honest we are with ourselves, and the ones we love, the better off we are. And the more honest we are with God, well, He already knows everything anyways. I think I am realizing it's time to tell my story. It's time to get it all out and written down. It's time to encourage, inspire, or teach someone. And even if I can't do any of that with my story, it's time for me to be honest with myself. So here goes nothing. Over the next month or two I am going to begin to tell my story. Journaling it, then blogging it, for no other reason than I need to do this for me. Read if you want to, Don't if you feel like you shouldn't. But it's time for this to happen. It's time for a challenge, a change, a freeing moment in time. Here we go ..

1 comment:

  1. i freaking love you. and am so glad you're deciding to do this. you are wonderful and a huge blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete